Apply for assistance
Mathematics for a Lifetime provides scholarship, sponsorship and subsidy for primary and high school aged children who would otherwise be unable to access tuition due to financial circumstances.
- Be a New Zealand resident between the ages of 7 and 18 years.
- Have access to an approved mathematics tutor listed on our website.
- Demonstrate a financial need (successful applicants generally have a household income of under $50,000) as detailed in the application form.
- Demonstrate whanau/family support, particularly in attending tutoring appointments.
The board reserves the right to make all and any funding decisions. No correspondence will be entered into. All applications will be considered and treated fairly.
2019 Application Closing dates (5pm cut off time):
For Term 1 applications: Friday 1 February
For Term 2 applications: Friday 5 April
For Term 3 applications: Friday 28 June
For Term 4 applications: Friday 20 September
"I've gone up a class and I'm not in the bottom
group any more"
- Mathematics for a Lifetime student