What's in it for you?
$1800+ 🡆 Primary one year
$1900+ 🡆 Secondary one year
The Pavlova pack includes:
- Support and help families in your community
- Brochures in welcome packs
- Photo opportunities
- Monthly newsletter-article and logo
- Monthly newsletter – logo throughout year
- Website – logo at acknowledged level of help, linked to your company website
- Facebook posting with photo
- Facebook boosted posting
- Email signature with ‘Proudly supported by…’ with link to website
- Stories about difference sponsorship has made to use for your own marketing
- Certificate ‘Proudly supporting MFAL..’ to display
- Card to acknowledge donation
- Tax exemption – Registered Charity
- Media article - specific
Frequently Asked Questions
How are students selected for this opportunity?
There are currently two ways that students can be selected:
- Individual application using the application form available online
- Collaboration with one or all of the following: IWI groups /Individuals / Businesses / School Mathematical leaders / Whanau / MFAL. This provides direct support for identified kiwi youth. Collaboration is key to selection.
What are the criteria?
- Financial need
- Mathematical need
- Whanau support to attend weekly lessons
- MFALApproved Tutor
How long is each lesson?
1 hour. Most students have 1 lesson a week, unless there is urgency eg NCEA exams.
What is the Tutor / Student ratio?
1 Tutor to 2 students maximum.
Does the student need to bring resources?
The Approved Tutor is expected to supply all the resources. MFAL also supports Tutors with recommendations of suitable resources.
Each student is working with the NZ Curriculum. Does MFAL support this?
Absolutely. We would not consider including material or Approved Tutors who are not aligned with the NZ Curriculum.
Whereabouts are the lessons held?
Each Approved Tutoring business is responsible for a specific location.
What lesson times are available?
Usually the tuition is after school hours but this can vary if collaboration with the school creates alternative times.
How are the Approved Tutors located?
Jean McKenzie is responsible for this as part of her role as Founder / Chairperson of MFAL. Mostly Tutors are located by researching once a sponsorship has been granted for a specific area.
What does MFAL put emphasis on for selection?
MFAL particularly focuses on the following:
- Mathematical need or extension of the student
- Whanau support for the student
- Students in isolated areas
- Students identified as needing extra support for wellbeing and education
What is the investment per child?
Investment per child
Investment for individuals at end of financial year (33.33% tax credit)
|Primary Full year||$1800||$1200|
|Secondary Full year||$1900||$1267|
Are there other levels of investment?
Yes there are four levels. Please refer to the website for specifics on what is offered for your investment. https://www.mathematicsforalifetime.org/page/get-involved-connect/
Pavlova: Full school year
Jellytip: One term
Chocolate fish: general donation
Jetplane: Voluntary help in another way
What does the MFAL database record?
- Applicant information
- Sponsor details
- Student results (individual)
What student results are recorded?
Each term the results are recorded for each individual student. These results are collated from Approved Tutors and are based on National standards including NCEA results. An ongoing record of each student is paramount to reflect the development of their learning plus reporting back to sponsors.
What results are recorded?
We use a Below / At / Above Level rating for Primary school. We use specific Topics and rating of Not Achieved, Achieved, Merit, Excellence for Secondary school.
How often are the results collated and presented to stakeholders?
The results are collated and recorded in the database each term. They are available on request.